Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Love these guys! Mud and all!

While working at the Sanctuary today, what started as a light mist, changed over to a slow, steady rain. I wish I had a body camera to capture days like today! I squat down to pet one pup, and before I know it, I have another on my back, and yet another on my head! Can't help but love these guys, even with all the mud they send home with me!
Charlie is doing GREAT at the Sanctuary, but I sure do miss my foster pup! When Charlie was roaming the streets of Hernando, several people said we should just let him be. Folks were feeding him, and he appeared to be happy and healthy. But once he was captured, he tested positive for heartworms, and without treatment, he would have gotten worse and worse and died a slow, painful death. So glad we pushed through and got him rescued!
Just look at the difference in the newly captured street dog that no one could touch, and the now loved, healthy, friendly, adoptable rescue pup!



No comments:

Post a Comment