Saturday, February 7, 2015

Puppies!

   What a beautiful, fun and exciting day at the Sanctuary! Hoping for more days like this in February... daffodils coming up, sunshine, warm temperatures!

   Boomer and Ellie have been spending some time at the Sanctuary during the day, and then coming home with me at night. I like to take my fosters for day visits just to get them used to the sights and sounds, before leaving them for overnight. So tonight is their big night, staying over for the first time. I know I will get little sleep. I always feel like I've abandoned them, even though I'll see them first thing in the morning!

   I have gotten so attached to little (getting bigger) Boomer. On the way over this morning, he jumped into my lap (driving) and I kissed his sweet head. Now I'm all teary just thinking about that moment caught in time. I really do love this little guy, and I hope only for the best home for him.

   My husband said, "It sure is quiet here tonight." I said, "I know, it's nice huh. But I'm missing my little Boom Boom." He said, "I was just thinking the same thing." Bless my husband. He not only puts up with all that goes along with being in Animal Rescue and fostering, but he also supports me in doing this. He even called from work the morning of Ellie's vet appointment, just to make sure she was OK. Love my hubby!

   So, today... Beautiful weather, volunteers, happy dogs playing and walking, and don't forget the treats!

   And... Puppies! Yes, our adorable 4-wk-old puppies, along with their mom, arrived today. It will be so fun to watch them grow these next few weeks.

   Come watch them grow with us!

Tara

   Here's a sneak preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment