Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Boomer-ang-thang," a breath of fresh air

   Boomer, whom I affectionately call, "Boomer-ang-thang," is a 12-14 week old puppy that we recently pulled from a local shelter. He's about as cute as cute can be, happy, healthy, bouncy, fuzzy, fun and affectionate. I'm totally head over heals for this little guy.

   Little guy now, who's probably going to be a good sized guy when grown! Boomer is at that all important age for puppy socialization. So I've made it my personal mission to make sure he gets the best start in life that he can. He goes everywhere with me! I'm introducing him to as many new places, people, dogs, cats and situations as I can. He greets each with the confidence of a puppy who has never been abused, neglected or mistreated. What a joy!

   This past weekend, I made the three hour trip to visit my grand boys. And of course, Boomer went with. He was happy to make the trip, alternately playing and sleeping along the way. Once there... happiness overflowing! Two young boys to follow around, two cats to check out, a gorgeous day playing in the park and a wonderful backyard to explore. What more could a pup ask for!

   In rescue, we see a lot of puppies and dogs who haven't been as fortunate as Boomer. As much as we love what we do, it's tough to see all the abuse, neglect, illnesses and injuries. So Boomer has been a breath of fresh air for me. This little guy loves life, is not afraid of anything, and brings smiles to everyone who meets him.

   Thank you Boomer! I needed that!

Tara

   Here are some pictures from our trip:











  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment